Tortillas are easy to make and much tastier than store bought in my opinion. These spinach tortillas are a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into your diet. Cassava flour is a way to make tortillas gluten free but for those without gluten sensitivity any flour can be substituted.
- 4 c. fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 c. Otto’s Naturals Cassava flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Add spinach and water to a saucepan and brings to a boil. Allow to wilt for 5 minutes. Place in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl. add the spinach puree and olive oil into the flour mix. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the flour mix is too dry. Add more water (if needed) until the dough does not stick to your fingers. If too sticky add a tablespoon of flour until smooth. Create two smooth balls and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Make 3 equal balls from each dough ball. Roll between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Heat the tortilla for one minute on each side or until brown spots develop.
- fill with your favorite toppings and enjoy!