A friend of mine gave me a jar of this sauce a few weeks ago and it is out of this world. I made some yesterday and have been putting it on everything! After putting these ingredients together a thought came to me about how incredible it is that I can blend these amazing and nutritious foods together to make a sauce that tastes better than any animal secretions I used to eat. Why would I ever go back to cheese from an animal that poses all sorts of health risks for me, causes suffering for the animal and harms the environment when I can eat something as delicious and nutritious as this? I used to get a stomach ache after eating cheese and now I see that I’m not lactose intolerant, I’m just not a baby cow. haha.
Hope you enjoy the recipe.
VEGAN CHEEZ SAUCE
- 1.5 cups sweet potato (cubed)
- 1.5 cups butternut squash (peeled & cubed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup cashews (more = thicker)
- 1/3 cup nutch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- Boil squash and potato until tender. Drain
- Place in blender with other ingredients, blend until smooth
* Add red hot for buffalo style, green chili for New Mexico or taco seasoning for nacho.